Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Halfway Report 2008

Hi all! As with previous halfway reports, I do not tend to evaluate the reasoning behind each title's placement, because it may end up on my end-of-the-year Top or Bottom 10 and I do not feel like writing about it again. I do want to comment on how much more successful the family movie genre is this year compared to last. The high quality of films like Wall-E and Prince Caspian relieves the sour after-taste of pedestrian 'gross-out' fare like Semi-Pro and Strange Wilderness. On this post my Top 10 is first in ascending order, followed by my bottom 10. #1 is the best/worst. Each film is followed by its rating out of ****. There are no honorable mentions on halfway lists. Enjoy!

Top 10

10. My Blueberry Nights ***
9. Wanted ***
8. Kung Fu Panda ***
7. Iron Man ***
6. Stop-Loss ***
5. Wall-E ***
4. Body of War ***
3. The Happening ***
2. The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian ***1/2
1. The Life Before Her Eyes ***1/2

Bottom 10

10. How She Move *
9. Semi-Pro *
8. Shutter *
7. Witless Protection *
6. Superhero Movie *
5. The Love Guru *
4. Strange Wildenness 1/2
3. Meet the Spartans 1/2
2. In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale 1/2
1. The Hottie and the Nottie none

No comments: